What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device when the User visits a website. When Users comes back to the Site cookies are sent back to the website that originated them (first-party cookies) or to another website that recognizes them (third-party cookies). Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user of the device. They have different purposes such as, for example, allow User to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering User’s favorite sites and, in general, improve the browsing experience. They also help to ensure that the advertising content displayed online are more targeted to the User and its interests. In general, cookies can be disabled completely in your browser at any time.
Categories of cookies
Depending on the function and purpose of use, cookies can be divided into four categories*: essentials (strictly necessary), performance, functionality and marketing cookies.
- Essential cookie: allow you to move within a website and use its features. Without these cookies, the required services can not be provided. One example is the storage of the actions to return to the previous pages within the same session.
- The performance cookie: collect information on the use of a website by visitors, such as the most visited pages and eventual display of error messages site. These cookies do not collect information that can lead to profiling of visitors. All information obtained shall be used only to improve the operation of the site and at the same time experience the User.
- Functionality cookie: allow the site to remember the choices of the User (as its name, its language and the geographical region where it is located) and provide enhanced and more personalized. They can also be used to provide certain services requested by you, such as playing a video.
- Marketers cookie: they are used to provide more targeted advertising content to the User and its interests.
The cookie settings on our website
- Cookies that do not require the consent:
- Cookies that require the consent:
All cookies different than the technical ones mentioned above are installed or activated only following the consent given by you the first time you visit the site. Consent may be expressed in a general way, by interacting with the banner of this brief information on the landing page of the site, in the manner set out in that banner (closing the banner, or by clicking the OK button, or by scrolling or clicking on any his element); or it may be provided selectively in the manner described below. This consensus is tracked during the visits. However, the User always has the option to waive all or part of the consent already given.
- Cookies managed by third parties:
- a) Profiling and advertising cookies
They are used to deliver interest-based ads displayed through browsing the internet (OBA).
User can find below the name of third parties that manage them, and for each of them the link to the page where User can get information on the treatment and express your consent. Google Doubleclick
User can control some of the third-party cookies that install this type through the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/le-tue-scelte/.
- b) Retargeting cookies
They are used to send advertising to individuals who previously visited this site.
User will find below the name of third parties that manage them, and for each of them the link to the page where User can get information on the treatment and express your consent.
- c) Cookies social network
They are used for sharing content on social network. User will find below the name of third parties that manage them, and for each of them the link to the page where User can get information on the treatment and express your consent.
- d) Statistics cookies
They are used by a third party, even disaggregated, for the management of statistics. User will find below the name of third parties that manage them, and for each of them the link to the page where you can get information on the treatment and express your consent.
- The User can manage his preferences about cookies through the browser.
If the User does not know the type and version of browser he is using, he clicks “Help” in the browser window at the top, which User can access all the necessary information. If User knows his browser, then click on the one he is using to access the cookie management.